Calmar's little picture resizer (python, gtk+, imagemagick)
Calmar's Picture Resizer (v0.90 updated: 30.3.07)
BUG-Fix: no `:` in Exif-Comment were allowed. Fixed now.
A little Imagemagick frontend for its 'convert', written in Python for some common tasks like Image - resizing, rotating or converting. With additional support for changing/adding Exif Comments (jhead as backing) on Jpegs.
--> as a convert frontend, you can convert many filetypes into many others
--> resize them
--> rotate them (+/- 90 Degrees) (Choose between ImageMagicks or jpegtrans rotating)
--> add/edit jpg's Exif comments
--> preview pics in you 'viewer of choice'
--> create your new files in a subfolder or with a prefix, suffix..
--> on German platform, it could popup in German
--> does not (yet?) handle filenames with special chars (outside ascii) properly. (When there are e.g. paths with Umlauts like ä,ö, it won't work)
--> rotate, delete, adding exif comments is possible with single keystrokes and cursor keys (file-list needs focus first!). E.g.: for changing exif comments, may click into the file-list to get the focus on it. After that, you can use the arrow-keys for up/down on the one hand, on the other hand pressing 'x' and a dialog-box will popup. Write there, push TAB(ulator) + RET(urn), and navigate further with the arrow keys.
--> When you want to mark various files out of order, may use ctrl + left mouse.
--> For selecting ranges, shift + left mouse is suitable.
--> press ESC(ape) for leaving dialogs, like the file chooser (not adding new files so)
Please report bugs and hints or whatever to email@example.com, thanks!
Download for *nix's
- Python (+ Modules: pygtk, pil (e.g. apt-get install python-imaging))
- Imagemagick's convert
- jpegtran (e.g. included in 'libjpeg-progs' on Debian)
- gtk2.4 or better (the gimp toolkit)
Donwload for MS Windows
You can download a static version of all needed files packed in a single installer: setup_cal_pixresizer.exe
Alternatively... (for MS Windows)
- Python itself: python-2.4.2.msi
- Python Modules (gtk, pil):
- GTK-Runtime: gtk+-2.8.9-setup-1.zip
- Imagemagick: ImageMagick-6.x.x-x-Q8-windows-dll.exe
- jhead: jhead (for exif comments, put into your %PATH%)
- Restart (probably not necessary, but I'm not sure)
- Calmar's Picture Resizer: cal_pixresizer.zip (script + icons + jpegtran binary (expands into a directory))